Geometric and engineering drawing [electronic resource] : SI units / K. Morling
- Morling, K.
- London ; Burlington, MA : Elsevier, 2010.
- 3rd ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xvi, 340 pages) : illustrations
- Preface for the Third Edition -- Part 1, geometric drawing; -- Scales; -- The construction of geometric figures from given data; -- Isometric projecion; -- The construction of circles to satisfy given conditions; -- Tangency; -- Oblique projection; -- Enlarging and reducing plane figures and equivalent areas; -- The blending of lines and curves; -- Loci; -- Orthographic projection; -- Conic sections -- the ellipse, parabola, hyperbola; -- Intersection of regular solids; -- Further orthographic projection; -- Developments; -- Further problems in loci; -- Freehand sketching; -- Some more problems solved by drawing; -- Part 2, engineering drawing; -- Modifications to text and drawings on accompanying documents -- Postscript -- Planning a design -- Appendix A -Sizes of ISO metric hexagon nuts, bolts and washers -- Appendix B -Sizes of slotted and castle nuts with metric threads -- Appendix C -- Simplified representation of threaded fasteners.
- The new edition of this successful & nbsp;text describes all the geometric instructions and engineering drawing information that are likely to be needed by anyone preparing or interpreting drawings or designs with plenty of exercises to practice these principles. Fully revised and updated Includes the latest recommendations in BS308, the British Standards Institution publication about engineering drawing practices Clear illustrations and exercises provide opportunities to practice the learning.
9780080967691 (electronic bk.)
0080967698 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 10768043