Automotive emission control [electronic resource] / edited by Guy B. Marin
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Academic Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xii, 294 pages) : illustrations (some color)
- Additional Creators:
- Marin, Guy B.
- Advances in chemical engineering ; v. 33
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Microunit Operations and Continuous Flow Chemical Processing / Takehiko Kitamori -- 1.Introduction -- 2.Design and Construction Methodology for Integration of Microchemical Systems -- 3.Surface Chemistry for Multiphase Microflows -- 4.Discussion and Conclusions -- List of Symbols -- References -- 2.Microreactors with Electrical Fields / Han J.G.E. Gardeniers -- 1.Introduction -- 2.Microplasma Reactors -- 3.Electrochemical Microreactors -- 4.Electrokinetic Control of Chemical Reactions -- 5.Electronic Control of Reactions at Surfaces -- 6.Conclusion -- Acknowledgments -- References -- 3.High-Throughput Organic Synthesis in Microreactors / Paul Watts -- 1.Introduction -- 2.The Use of Microreactors for High-Throughput Organic Synthesis -- 3.Compounds of Interest and Industrial Applications of Microreaction Technology -- 4.Conclusions -- References -- 4.Microfluidic Reactors for Nanomaterials Synthesis / J.C. deMello -- 1.Introduction -- 2.Microfluidic Routes to the Synthesis of Nanoparticles -- 3.The Automated Production of CdSe Nanoparticles -- 4.The Automated Production of Nanoparticles -- 5.Process Control -- 6.The Application of Automated Microreactors in Nanotoxicology -- 7.Conclusions -- Acknowledgement -- References.
- This volume on Automotive Emission Control emphasises the role of chemical engineering in automotive emission control. Clearly the development of mathematical models describing the different functions of the converter(s), as well as their interaction, has been and still is crucial. Each of the contributions advocates the implementation of the latter, combined with experimental validation, rather than engaging into elaborate experimental programs. *Provides original reviews *Presents leading chemical engineers as authors *Reviews state-of-the-art developments.
- 0123739004 (electronic bk.)
9780123739001 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 10768261