Advances in imaging and electron physics [electronic resource] / edited by Peter W. Hawkes
- Amsterdam, the Netherlands : Academic Press : Elsevier Science, 2013.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xv, 327 pages, 16 unnumbered pages of plates) : illustrations (some color)
- Additional Creators:
- Hawkes, P. W.
- Advances in imaging and electron physics, 1076-5670 ; v. 175
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Small Angle Scatter with Correlation, Scatter and Intermediate Functions / Jay Theodore Cremer, Jr. -- 1.Overview of Scatter: Neutron and X-ray Small-angle Scatter in Perspective -- 2.Neutron and X-ray Scatter Amplitude from Non-Bravais Lattice Crystal -- 3.Neutron and X-ray Scatter Intensity from Non-Bravais Lattice Crystal -- 4.Small-angle Scatter: Scatter Length Density and Particle Structure Factor -- 5.Small-angle Scatter: Scatter Amplitudes and Intensity -- 6.The Rayleigh-Gans Equation, Babinet's Principle, and Differential Cross Sections -- 7.Random Variables: Correlation and Independence -- 8.The Scattering Vector Resolution of SANS Instruments for Neutrons and X-rays -- 9.Macroscopic Differential Cross Section: Scatter Length Density Convolution and Correlation -- 10.The Pair Correlation Function -- 11.The Macroscopic Differential Cross Section for Elastic Scatter Expressed By Intermediate Function, and Fourier Transform of Patterson Function -- 12.Scatter Function for Elastic and Inelastic Scatter from Sample Solute Particles Obtained from Neutron (X-ray), Sample-Averaged Scatter Intensity -- 13.Sample-averaged Scatter Intensity Versus Scattering Vector q for the Guinier, Intermediate, and Porod Regimes -- 14.Small-angle Scatter: Measurement of Solute Particle Size and Shape---Guinier Regime -- 15.Small-angle Scatter from Spherical Particles---Guinier Regime -- 16.Small-angle Scatter from Particles of Various Shapes, Log-log Plots, Method of Contrast Variation---Guinier Regime -- 17.Small-angle Scatter---Intermediate Regime and Porod Regime -- 18.Small-Angle Scatter---Porod Regime and Porod's Law -- 19.Neutron Incoherent Scatter: Solution of the Diffusion Equation with Self-Correlation and Incoherent Scatter Functions, Measurable by Small-angle Scatter -- 20.Neutron Coherent Partial Differential Cross Section: The Scatter Function and the Principle of Detailed Balance -- 21.The Coherent and Incoherent Pair Correlation Function, Intermediate Function, and Scatter Function: the Static Approximation -- 22.The Particle Number Density Operator and the Coherent Intermediate and Pair Correlation Functions -- 23.Neutron Elastic Scatter Occurs Only in Forward Direction for Liquids and Gases Shown by Coherent Intermediate and Scatter Functions -- 24.Neutron Coherent Differential Cross Sections in Crystals Derived from Coherent Scatter and Intermediate Functions -- 25.Pair Correlation Function Expressed by Particle Density Operator and the Patterson Function -- 26.Neutron Coherent Differential Cross Section in Crystals Expressed by Particle Density Operators -- 27.Neutron Incoherent Elastic Differential Cross Section in Crystals Derived from Incoherent Intermediate Function -- 28.Neutron Incoherent Differential Cross Section in Crystals Derived from Incoherent Pair Correlation Function -- 29.No Elastic Scatter Except Forward Direction in Liquids and Gases is Shown by Intermediate and Pair Correlation Functions -- 30.Moments of the Neutron Scatter Function -- References -- 2.Nuclear Scatter of Neutron Spin States / Jay Theodore Cremer, Jr. -- 1.Angular Momentum Vectors, Spin Vectors, and Vector Operators -- 2.Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle and Commutation of Operators -- 3.The Neutron Spin Operator -- 4.The Neutron Spin-Lowering and Raising Operators -- 5.Nuclear Scatter of Neutron Spin States: Partial Differential Cross Section -- 6.Combined Neutron and Nuclear spin Operators for Polarized Neutron Scatter -- 7.Neutron Nuclear Scatter Lengths for Neutron Spin States -- 8.Partial Differential Cross Section for Single Transition Neutron Spin-State Scatter -- 9.Thermal Averaging: Total Partial Differential Cross Section for Neutron Spin-State Scatter -- 10.Neutron Spin-State Scatter Lengths for Ensemble of Nuclear Spins and Isotopes -- 11.Coherent Partial Differential Cross Section for Neutron Spin-State Scatter -- 12.Incoherent Partial Differential Cross Section for Neutron Spin-State Scatter -- References -- 3.Atomic-Resolution Core-Level Spectroscopy in the Scanning Transmission Electron Microscope / Christian Dwyer -- 1.Introduction -- 2.Practical Aspects -- 3.Theoretical Aspects -- 4.Selected Applications -- 5.Concluding Remarks -- Acknowledgements -- References -- 4.Point Spread Function Engineering for Super-Resolution Single-Photon and Multiphoton Fluorescence Microscopy / Alberto Diaspro -- 1.Introduction -- 2.Theory -- 3.Results and Discussions -- 4.Conclusions -- Acknowledgments -- References -- 5.A Review of Recent Advances in the Hit-or-Miss Transform / Stephen Marshall -- 1.Introduction -- 2.Preliminaries and Properties of Mathematical Morphology -- 3.Fundamental Morphological Operations -- 4.Extensions of the Hit-or-Miss Transform -- 5.Conclusions -- References -- 6.Perspectives on Color Image Processing by Linear Vector Methods Using Projective Geometric Transformations / Stephen J. Sangwine -- 1.History and Background -- 2.Linear Filtering -- 3.Linear Quaternion Systems and Homogeneous Coordinates -- 4.Quaternion Derivations Of Geometric Operations -- 5.The Difficulty Of Designing Linear Filters -- 6.Conclusion -- Acknowledgments -- References.
- 9780124077973 (electronic bk.)
0124077978 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 10768519