Selected problems of computational charged particle optics [electronic resource] / Dmitry Greenfield and Mikhail Monastyrskiy
- Advances in imaging and electron physics ; v. 155
- Integral equations method in electrostatics -- Surface charge singularities near irregular surface points -- Geometry perturbations -- Some aspects of magnetic field simulation -- Aberration approach and the tau-variation technique -- Space charge in charged particle bunches -- General properties of emission-imaging systems -- Static and time-analyzing image tubes with axial symmetry -- Spatial and temporal focusing on photoelectron bunches in time-dependent electric fields.
- Advances in Imaging and Electron Physics merges two long-running serials--Advances in Electronics and Electron Physics and Advances in Optical and Electron Microscopy. This series features extended articles on the physics of electron devices (especially semiconductor devices), particle optics at high and low energies, microlithography, image science and digital image processing, electromagnetic wave propagation, electron microscopy, and the computing methods used in all these domains. This monograph summarizes the authors' knowledge and experience acquired over many-years in their work on computational charged particle optics. It's main message is that even in this era of powerful computers with a multitude of general-purpose and problem-oriented programs, asymptotic analysis based on perturbation theory remains one of the most effective tools to penetrate deeply into the essence of the problem in question.
- 9780080879697 (electronic bk.)
0080879691 (electronic bk.)
9780123747174 (electronic bk.)
0123747171 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 333-339) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 10768658