The psychology of learning and motivation [electronic resource] : advances in research and theory. Vol. 54 / edited by Brian H. Ross
- San Diego, CA : Elsevier/Academic Press, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (x, 305 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Ross, Brian H.
- Hierarchical control of cognitive processes : the case for skilled typewriting / Gordon D. Logan and Matthew J.C. Crump -- Cognitive distraction while multitasking in the automobile / David L. Strayer, Jason M. Watson, and Frank A. Drews -- Psychological research on joint action : theory and data / Gunther Knoblich, Stephen Butterfill, and Natalie Sebanz -- Self-regulated learning and the allocation of study time / John Dunlosky and Robert Ariel -- The development of catagorization / Vladimir M. Sloutsky and Anna V. Fisher -- Systems of category learning : fact or fantasy? / Ben R. Newell, John C. Dunn, and Michael Kalish -- Abstract concepts : sensory-motor grounding, metaphors, and beyond / Diane Pecher, Inge Boot, and Saskia Van Dantzig -- Thematic thinking : the apprehension and consequences of thematic relations / Zachary Estes, Sabrina Golonka, and Lara L. Jones.
- The Psychology of Learning and Motivation series publishes empirical and theoretical contributions in cognitive and experimental psychology, ranging from classical and instrumental conditioning to complex learning and problem solving. Each chapter thoughtfully integrates the writings of leading contributors, who present and discuss significant bodies of research relevant to their discipline. Volume 51 includes chapters on such varied topics as emotion and memory interference, electrophysiology, mathematical cognition, and reader participation in narrative. * Volume 54 of the highly regarded Psychology of Learning and Motivation series * An essential reference for researchers and academics in cognitive science * Relevant to both applied concerns and basic research.
- 9780123855282 (electronic bk.)
0123855284 (electronic bk.)
9780123855275 (electronic bk.)
0123855276 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 10768785