Recent advances in Parkinson's disease [electronic resource] / edited by Anders Björklund, M. Angela Cenci
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier, 2010.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (2 volumes) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Björklund, Anders, 1945- and Cenci, M. Angela
- pt. 1. Basic research -- pt. 2. Translational and clinical research.
- This second volume follows on from Part I by reviewing the variety of animal models of PD current available (from drosophila to rodents to non-human primate species) and their specific contributions to PD research. This is followed by comprehensive coverage of functional neuroimaging studies that explore different pathophysiological questions and evaluate treatment outcome in PD patients. Different areas of experimental therapeutics and outstanding challenges to PD treatment are presented in a concluding group of articles. Complete overview of hot topics and approaches to current PD research, from molecules, to brain circuits, to clinical and therapeutic applications. Leading authors review the state-of-the-art in their field of investigation, and provide their views and perspectives for future research. All chapters include comprehensive background information and are written in a clear form that is accessible also to the non-specialist.
- 9780444537515 (electronic bk.)
0444537511 (electronic bk.)
9780444537508 (electronic bk.)
0444537503 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 10768841