Attention [electronic resource] / edited by Narayanan Srinivasan
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier, 2009.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xii, 330 pages, 12 unnumbered pages of plates) : illustrations (some color).
- Additional Creators:
- Srinivasan, Narayanan
International Conference on Attention (2008 : Allahabad, India)
- Progress in brain research, 0079-6123 ; v. 176
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Attention and competition in figure-ground perception / M. A. Peterson / E. Salvagio -- 2.Perceptual organization and visual attention / R. Kimchi -- 3.Long-range neural coupling through synchronization with attention / R. Desimone / H. Zhou / S. J. Gotts / G. G. Gregoriou -- 4.Visual streams and selective attention / J. M. Brown -- 5.Covert attention effects on spatial resolution / Y. Yeshurun / M. Carrasco -- 6.Focused and distributed attention / S. Baijal / M. Lohani / P. Srivastava / N. Srinivasan -- 7.The functional architecture of divided visual attention / K. Shapiro -- 8.Practice begets the second target: task repetition and the attentional blink effect / C. van Leeuwen / C. Nakatani / S. Baijal -- 9.Using biologically plausible neural models to specify the functional and neural mechanisms of visual search / G. W. Humphreys / H. A. Allen / E. Mavritsaki -- 10.Extinction: a window into attentional competition / G. W. Humphreys / S. J. Rappaport / M. J. Riddoch -- 11.An adaptive workspace hypothesis about the neural correlates of consciousness: insights from neuroscience and meditation studies / A. Raffone / N. Srinivasan -- 12.Cognitive maps and attention / O. Hardt / L. Nadel -- 13.The remains of the trial: goal-determined inter-trial suppression of selective attention / B. R. Levinthal / A. Lleras / J. Kawahara -- 14.Attentional limits and freedom in visually guided action / J. T. Enns / G. Liu -- 15.Attention for action during error correction / A. Murthy / K. M. Sharika / S. Ray -- 16.Explaining the Colavita visual dominance effect / C. Spence -- 17.Development of attentional processes in ADHD and normal children / B. R. Kar / R. Gupta -- 18.Interaction of language and visual attention: evidence from production and comprehension / R. K. Mishra -- 19.Interactions of attention, emotion and motivation / J. Raymond -- 20.Human social attention / E. Birmingham / A. Kingstone.
- This well-established international series examines major areas of basic and clinical research within neuroscience, as well as emerging and promising subfields. This volume explores interdisciplinary research on Attention and interaction of Attention with other cognitive processes including perception, learning, and memory. The papers cover major research on attention in Cognitive Neuroscience and Cognitive Psychology. The volume presents recent advances on attention including binding, dynamics of attention, attention and perceptual organization, attention and consciousness, emotion and attention, development of attention, crossmodal attention, computational modeling of attention, control of actions, attention and memory, and meditation.
- 9780444534262 (electronic bk.)
0444534261 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 10768876