How to make animated films [electronic resource] : Tony White's masterclass on the traditional principles of animation / Tony White
- White, Tony, 1947-
- Additional Titles:
- Tony White's masterclass on the traditional principles of animation
Masterclass on the traditional principles of animation
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier/Focal Press, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- pt. 1. How to be an animator -- Masterclass 1. Animation basics -- Masterclass 2. The bouncing ball -- Masterclass 3. Generic walks -- Masterclass 4. Personality walks -- Masterclass 5. Generic runs -- Masterclass 6. Quadruped walks -- Masterclass 7. Weight -- Masterclass 8. Anticipation -- Masterclass 9. Dialogue -- Masterclass 10. Final project -- pt. 2. How to make an animated film -- Film production 1. Exploring ideas, storytelling, and scriptwriting -- Film production 2. Concept art, viz dev, and camera maps -- Film production 3. Character design -- Film production 4. Thumbnails -- Film production 5. Storyboards -- Film production 6. Filmmaking techniques -- Film production 7. Audio record -- Film production 8. Animatic and bacher boards -- Film production 9. Background and environment layouts -- Film production 10. Color script -- Film production 11. Audio breakdown -- Film production 12. Block in key poses -- Film production 13. Placement and timing.
Film production 14. Two-dimensional in-betweening -- Film production 15. Rolling, flipping, and pencil testing -- Film production 16. Clean-up -- Film production 17. Scanning -- Film production 18. Background and environments -- Film production 19. Coloring -- Film production 20. Compositing -- Film production 21. Rendering -- Film production 22. Final edit -- App. 1. About the accompanying DVD -- App. 2. About the Desktop Academy -- App. 3. About the Animaticus Foundation -- App. 4. About the DigiPen Institute of Technology -- App. 5. Exposure, exhibitions, and festivals -- App. 6. Exposure sheets and production folders -- App. 7. Glossary.
- Become Tony White's personal animation student. Experience many of the teaching techniques of the golden era of Disney and Warner Brothers studios and beyond.all from the comfort of your own home or studio. Tony White's Animation Master Class is uniquely designed to cover the core principles of animated movement comprehensively. How to Make Animated Films offers secrets and unique approaches only a Master Animator could share. Includes hands-on Tutorials, demonstrations and final sample animations. . Whether you want to become a qualified animator of 2D, 3D, Flash or any other form of animation, Tony White's foundations bring you closer to that goal. *Look over the shoulder of award-winning Master Animator, Tony White, as he works at his animation lightbox. Watch, listen, experience as the author demonstrates everything you need to know. *Tony White is a legendary animator with a strong following. His best-selling title: The Animator's Workbook has 80,000 copies to date. *For aspiring animators on their own - without backing or funding. Get the same results the Disney animators do with bare minimum technique and equipment.
- "An animation apprenticeship-the way pros used to do it!"
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 10768928