Handbook of international economics. Volume 3 [electronic resource] / edited by Gene M. Grossman and Kenneth Rogoff
- Handbooks in economics, bk. 3
- v. 3. pt. 1. International trade theory and policy. Increasing returns, imperfect competition and the positive theory of international trade / Paul R. Krugman -- Technology and trade / Gene M. Grossman and Elhanan Helpman -- International trade theory : the evidence / Edward E. Leamer and James Levinsohn -- Strategic trade policy / James A. Brander -- Political economy of trade policy / Dani Rodrik -- International rules and institutions for cooperative trade policy / Robert W. Staiger -- Estimating the effects of trade policy / Robert C. Feenstra -- Regional economic integration / Richard E. Baldwin and Anthony J. Venables -- pt. 2. Open economy macroeconomics and international finance. Perspectives on PPP and the long-run real exchange rate / Kenneth A. Froot and Kenneth Rogoff -- Empirical research on nominal exchange rates / Jacob A. Frankel and Andrew K. Rose -- The intertemporal approach to the current account / Maurice Obstfield and Kenneth Rogoff -- International trade and business cycles / Marianne Baxter -- The operations and collapse of fixed exchange rate regimes / Peter M. Garber and Lars E. O. Svensson -- Puzzles in international financial markets / Karen K. Lewis -- Double-edged incentives : institutions and policy coordination / Torsten Persson and Guido Tabellini -- Sovereign debt / Jonathan Eaton and Raquel Fernandez.
- Up-to-date surveys of all major research areas in international trade and international finance are presented in this volume. The chapters have a high standard of exposition, delivering ideas at the forefront of the field in a clear readable fashion. The volume has a good overall balance of theoretical and empirical coverage.The trade side of the volume surveys theoretical work on trade based on scale economics and imperfect competition, the relationship between trade and technological progress, strategic trade policy, the political economy of trade policy, and the rules and institutions of international trade, as well as empirical work on trade patterns, trade policies, and regional integration. The finance side covers topics such as exchange rates, purchasing power parity, the current account, the international transmission of business cycles, foreign ending, international capital markets, target zones and speculative attacks on fixed exchange rates, and international economic policy coordination.For students and researchers interested in understanding developments in modern international economics, this book is an essential reference.
- 9780444815477 (electronic bk.), 0444815473 (electronic bk.), 9780080933450 (electronic bk.), 0080933459 (electronic bk.), 0444828648, and 9780444828644
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographies and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 10768943