Particle physics and cosmology [electronic resource] : the fabric of spacetime : lecture notes of the Les Houches Summer School 2006
- Conference Author:
- Ecole d'été de physique théorique (Les Houches, Haute-Savoie, France) (86th : 2006)
- [Place of publication not identified] : Elsevier Science, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 volume)
- Additional Creators:
- Bernardeau, Francis, Grojean, Christophe, and Dalibard, J.
- Chapter 1 -- A. Buonanno: Gravitational Waves -- Chapter 2 -- J. Cline: Baryogenesis -- Chapter 3 -- J. Cline: String Cosmology -- Chapter 4 -- L. Kofman: Early Universe Physics and Inflation -- Chapter 5 -- S. Matarrese: Cosmic Microwave Background -- Chapter 6 -- Y. Mellier: Large Scale Structure of the Universe and Cosmic Shear -- Chapter 7 -- H. Murayama: Physics beyond Standard Model -- Chapter 8 -- W. Goldberger: Effective Field Theory Approach to Gravitational Rradiation -- Chapter 9 -- T. Hertog: Cosmological Ssingularities and the String Landscape -- Chapter 10 -- J. March-Russell: Cosmology in the Friendly String Landscape -- Chapter 11 -- S. Pastor: Neutrino Physics and Cosmology -- Chapter 12 -- S. Prunet: WMAP -- Chapter 13 -- G. Servant: Selected Topics in Extra-Dimensional Cosmology -- Chapter 14 -- R. Teyssier: Structure Formation with Numerical Simulations -- Chapter 15 -- P. Tinyakov: Large Scale Modification of Gravity -- Chapter 16 -- I. Tkachev: Ultra-High Energy Cosmic Rays.
- This book is a collection of lectures given in August 2006 at the Les Houches Summer School on Particle Physics and Cosmology: the Fabric of Spacetime. It provides a pedagogical introduction to the various aspects of both particle physics beyond the Standard Model and Cosmology of the Early Universe, covering each topic from the basics to the most recent developments. Provides a pedagogical introduction to topics at the interface of particle physics and cosmology Addresses each topic from the basis to the most recent developments Provides necessary tools to build new theoretical models addressing various issues both in cosmology and particle physics Covers the lectures by internationally-renowned and leading experts Faces the predictions of theoretical models against collider experimental data as well as from cosmological observations.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 10768979