Recording tips for engineers [electronic resource] : for cleaner, brighter tracks / Tim Crich
- Crich, Tim
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Focal Press/Elsevier, 2010.
- 3rd ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (x, 305 pages) : illustrations
- Mastering music
- Chapter One -- The Recording Engineer -- Chapter Two -- Studio Preparation -- Chapter Three -- Drums Setup -- Chapter Four -- Electric Guitar Amplifier Placement; Connections In and Out; Loud Amplifiers; Preparation; Miking the Amplifiers -- Chapter Five -- Acoustic Instruments -- Chapter Six- Vocals -- Chapter Seven -- The Control Room -- Chapter Eight -- Starting Points -- Chapter Nine -- The Signal Routing -- Chapter Ten -- The Recording Sessions (Three Hours, Three Days, Three Weeks) -- Chapter Eleven -- The Mixing -- Chapter Twelve€- Mastering -- Chapter Thirteen€- DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) -- Chapter Fourteen€- Digital Conversion, Input Processing, Digital Storage, Digital Multitrack Recorder, CD/DVD; Audio Differences, Time Code -- Chapter Fourteen- Recording Engineer acronyms.
- Get ahead in the business - be the engineer everyone wants to hire - achieve success with the very best recordings. Recording Tips for Engineers provides the knowledge you need to rise to the top. From years of experience working with big name rock stars including The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, John Lennon, KISS, Billy Joel, U2, David Bowie, Bon Jovi, Ozzy, Cher, Bryan Adams, Tuff Beans, Tim Crich shares his expertise and gives you all the essential insider tips and short cuts. Great for engineers of all levels, this guide is packed with simple and practical advice using real life studio situations. The bulleted lists and clear illustrations will save you valuable time and allow for fast in session reference. Includes: * Tips on proper microphone choice, setup and placement * Full sections on equalization and compression methods * Guidance on recording drums, guitars and vocals * Advice on creating professional mixes * Best ways to take control of your recording environment * Packed with insider tips and short-cuts to achieve the very best recordings * Written in a concise and entertaining style for fast, in-session reference * Learn from an experienced pro who has worked on records by the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, John Lennon, KISS, Billy Joel, US, David Bowie, Bon Jovi and many more!
9780240522265 (electronic bk.)
0240522265 (electronic bk.)
- Previous ed.: Amsterdam; London: Focal, 2005.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 10769037