Robert Lacoste's The darker side [electronic resource] : practical applications for electronic design concepts / Robert Lacoste
- Lacoste, Robert
- Additional Titles:
- Darker side
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Newnes/Elsevier, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xv, 348 pages) : illustrations
- Foreword; Introduction : Don't be afraid by the Darker side; Impedance matching basics; Microstrip techniques; Time Domain Reflectometry; Let's play with EMI; Cable shielding experiments; The Fast Fourier Transform from A to Z; No fear with FIR : Put a Finite Impulse Response filter to work; Multirate processing techniques and CIC filters; Let's be crystal clear; Are you locked? A PLL primer; Direct digital synthesis 101; Open your eyes! A primer on high speed signal transmission techniques; Digital modulations demystified; Antenna basics; Low power techniques : Build better energy-saving systems; From powerline measurements to PFC; PID control without math; Linear control basics; Scilab tutorial; Complex numbers 101; References and sources.
- Robert Lacoste's The Darker Side column has quickly become a must read among Circuit Cellar devotees. His column provides readers with succinct theoretical concepts and practical applications on topics as far reaching as digital modulation to antenna basics. Difficult concepts are demystified as Robert shines a light on complex topics within electronic design. This book collects sixteen Darker Side articles that have been enriched with new, exclusive content from the author. An intro into The Darker Side will give examples of material that can enhance and optimize the way you design. A Scilab tutorial along with Scilab software and all project material will be included with this package so that all projects can be tackled hands-on. Bonus Circuit Cellar content will be included on the CD for FREE! It's time to stop being afraid of the dark, let this book easily guide you through the time-draining, problematic elements of your application design. *Tips and tricks to enhance design performance *Practical advice on topics from digital signal design to electromagnetic interference *A project augments each topic and a CD includes Scilab software and all necessary project files.
- 9781856177627, 1856177629, 9780080962054 (electronic bk.), and 008096205X (electronic bk.)
- Related Titles:
- Circuit cellar
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 10769055