Metal transporters [electronic resource] / edited by Svetlana Lutsenko, Jose M. Arguello
- San Diego : Elsevier Science, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Lutsenko, Svetlana and Argüello, José M.
- ScienceDirect: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- Front Cover; Series Editors; Metal Transporters; Copyright; Contents; Contributors; Preface; Previous Volumes in Series; Section One -- Iron Delivery to Cells; One -- Transferrin-Mediated Cellular Iron Delivery; 1. IRON; 2. IRON HOMEOSTASIS; 3. TRANSFERRIN; 4. THE TFR; 5. RECOMBINANT EXPRESSION; 6. KINETICS OF IRON RELEASE; 7. STRUCTURE OF THE HTF/TFR COMPLEX; ACKNOWLEDGMENTS; REFERENCES; Two -- Structure, Function and Binding Selectivity and Stereoselectivity of Siderophore-Iron Outer Membrane Transp ... ; 1. INTRODUCTION; 2. SIDEROPHORES; 3. STRUCTURE OF SIDEROPHORE-IRON TBDTS.
- This volume of Current Topics in Membranes focuses on metal transmembrane transporters and pumps, a recently discovered family of membrane proteins with many important roles in the physiology of living organisms. The book summarizes the most recent advances in the field of metal ion transport and provides a broad overview of the major classes of transporters involved in homeostasis of heavy metals. Various families of the transporters and metal specificities are discussed with the focus on the structural and mechanistic aspects of their function and regulation. The reader will access informat
- 9780123946102 (electronic bk.)
0123946107 (electronic bk.)
9780123943903 (electronic bk.)
0123943906 (electronic bk.)
- Description based upon print version of record.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 10769155