Fibromyalgia syndrome [electronic resource] : a practitioner's guide to treatment / Leon Chaitow ; with contributions by Peter Baldry [and others] ; foreword by Sue Morrison ; illustrated by Graeme Chambers
- 1.The history and definition of fibromyalgia -- 2.Fibromyalgia's symptom patterns: Causes or effects? -- 3.Conditions associated with fibromyalgia -- 4.The causes of fibromyalgia: various hypotheses explored -- 5.Chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia compared -- 6.Acupuncture treatment of fibromyalgia and myofascial pain -- 7.Interdisciplinary pain management in fibromyalgia -- 8.Differential diagnosis: myofascial pain syndrome. -- 9.Microcurrent therapy in the treatment of fibromyalgia. -- 10.The metabolic rehabilitation of fibromyalgia patients -- 11.Integration: what seems to be helping? -- 12.Fibromyalgia: treating associated conditions -- 13.Bodywork approaches to fibromyalgia -- 14.A fibromyalgia protocol -- 15.Strain/counterstrain self-treatment for some FMS tender points -- Appendix: Keeping a record -- Index.
- Designed for anyone involved in the management of musculoskeletal pain, this practical guide to fibromyalgia syndrome and its treatment provides a multidisciplinary perspective on this multifaceted and frequently encountered syndrome. The updated and expanded 2nd edition rapidly distills contemporary research on the subject and relates it specifically to the problems of assessment, diagnosis, and management. Information on the diagnosis and management of fibromyalgia is provided with a quick and clear reference for dealing with a group of difficult to manage patients.The latest research findings are included in one place, eliminating the need to scan through multiple journals.All aspects of this multifaceted syndrome are addressed to help make a clear diagnosis and select the most appropriate management.Complementary approaches to treatment include answers to the questions many patients ask.Content is written by a well-known osteopath with contributions from other expert professionals - providing a multidisciplinary view of the problem and a variety of approaches to management.
- 9780443072192 (electronic bk.) and 0443072191 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Amsterdam : Elsevier Science & Technology, 2012. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Apr. 16, 2012). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
View MARC record | catkey: 10769385