Recent advances in cytometry. Part B, Advances in applications [electronic resource] / edited by Zbigniew Darzynkiewicz [and others].
- Amsterdam ; Boston, Mass. : Academic Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- 5th ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xvii, 379 pages, 8 unnumbered pages plates) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Darzynkiewicz, Zbigniew
- Methods in cell biology, 0091-679X ; v. 103
- Cytometry is one of the most rapidly growing methodologies available for basic cell and molecular biology, cytogenetics, immunology, oncology, environmental sciences and also various fields of clinical medicine. This new edition, split into 2 Parts, is an almost completely new book, with nearly all of the chapters devoted to new topics. Like the previous volumes on cytometry published as part of the Methods in Cell Biology series, it provides a comprehensive description of particular cytometric methods and reviews their applications. Chapters present the theoretical foundations of the described methods, their applicability in experimental laboratory and clinical settings, and describes common traps and pitfalls such as problems with data interpretation, comparison with alternative assays, and choosing the optimal assay. * Comprehensive presentation of cytometric methods covering theoretical applications, applicability, potential pitfalls, and comparisions to alternative assays * Discusses many new assays developed since the previous edition * Presents recent developments in cytometric intrumentation/technology.
- 9780123854940 (electronic bk.), 0123854946 (electronic bk.), 9780123854933 (electronic bk.), and 0123854938 (electronic bk.)
- The 4th edition was published in 2004, under title, Cytometry, new developments, as v. 75 of the series. and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 10769476