The meaning of the humanities : five essays / by Ralph Barton Perry [and others] With a pref. by Robert Kilburn Root. Edited with an introd. by Theodore Meyer Greene
- Greene, Theodore Meyer, 1897-1969
- Princeton : Princeton university press ; London : H. Milford : Oxford university press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxxix, 178 pages ; 22 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Perry, Ralph Barton, 1876-1957
Chinard, Gilbert, 1881-1972
Calhoun, Robert Lowry, 1896-1983
Panofsky, Erwin, 1892-1968
Krey, August C. (August Charles), 1887-1961
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Spenser Trask lectures for 1937-1938
- Introduction.-- A definition of the humanities, by R. B. Perry.--History and the humanities, by A. C. Krey.--The history of art as a humanistic discipline, by E. Panofsky.--Theology and the humanities, by R. L. Calhoun.--Literature and the humanities, by G. Chinard.
- Bibliography Note:
- Bibliographical footnotes.
View MARC record | catkey: 1087711