Humberto Vélez : aesthetics of collaboration / with texts by Emelie Chhangur, Luis Camnitzer, Hans-Michael Herzog, and Adrienne Samos
- Toronto : Art Gallery of York University, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 175 pages : color illustrations ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Camnitzer, Luis, 1937-, Herzog, Hans-Michael, 1956-, Samos, Adrienne, Chhangur, Emelie, and York University (Toronto, Ont.). Art Gallery
- Language Note:
- Text in English and Spanish.
- Humberto Vélez actively explores the possibilities of working with communities and individuals in different places and cultures worldwide. His performances operate with diverse media and themes--ranging from the popular to the high-tech, and from the traditional to the contemporary--in order to create aesthetics based on multiple concepts and expressions of culture, power, and ethics. Vélez calls this unique practice "aesthetics of collaboration."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Catalogue of an exhibition and public performance held at the Art Gallery of York Univeristy, 13 April-26 June 2011, and 14 May 2011 respectively.
View MARC record | catkey: 10957092