Sociology : a global perspective / Joan Ferrante
- Ferrante-Wallace, Joan, 1955-
- Belmont, CA : Wadsworth Cengage Learning, c2013.
- 8th ed.
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 500 p. : ill., maps ; 28 cm.
- Ch.1. The Sociological Imagination -- Ch.2. Theoretical Perspectives and Methods -- Ch.3. Culture -- Ch.4. Socialization -- Ch.5. Social Interaction -- Ch.6. Formal Organizations -- Ch.7. Deviance, Conformity, and Social Control -- Ch.8. Social Stratification -- Ch.9. Race and Ethnicity -- Ch.10. Gender -- Ch.11. Economics and Politics -- Ch.12. Family -- Ch.13. Education -- Ch.14. Religion -- Ch.15. Birth, Death, and Migration -- Ch.16. Social Change.
- "SOCIOLOGY: A GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE, Eighth Edition, is a brief introduction to sociology paperback text that uses sociological concepts and theories to analyze the most compelling and significant issues of our day, which happen to be global. Issues covered include the proposed and existing border fences that separate Mexico from the United States, the disparities between the world's richest and poorest countries, the century-long Palestinian-Israeli conflict, McDonaldization, and the planet's dependence on fossil fuels. This approach demonstrates sociology's analytical power for thinking about personal, local, national, but especially global issues and events."--pub. desc.
- 9781111833909 (pbk. : student ed.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 465-487) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 10958314