The Mongols and the Black Sea trade in the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries [electronic resource] / by Virgil Ciocîltan ; translated by Samuel Willcocks
- Ciocîltan, Virgil
- Uniform Title:
- Mongolii și Marea neagră în secolele XIII-XIV. English
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (vi, 321 pages, 5 pages of plates) : maps
- Restrictions on Access:
- Available to subscribing member institutions only.
- Preliminary remarks -- The Mongol expansion and the Eurasian commercial axes -- The disintegration of the Empire : intra- and extra-Mongol commercial rivalries -- The commercial implications : connecting the Black Sea to the Eurasian trade network -- The Golden Horde and the Black Sea -- Cooperation and confrontation with the Italian merchant republics -- The problem of the Straits and the Tartar solution -- Conclusion: The Black Sea, crossroads and bypass of Eurasian trade.
- 9789004236431 (electronic book)
9789004226661 (hbk. : alk. paper)
9004226664 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- Translation of: Mongolii si Marea neagră în secolele XIII-XIV.
Originally presented as author's thesis (doctoral)--1998.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -300) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 10958921