The transmission of the variant readings of the Qurʼān [electronic resource] : the problem of tawātur and the emergence of shawādhdh / by Shady Hekmat Nasser
- Nasser, Shady Hekmat
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (ix, 252 pages) : illustrations
- Texts and studies on the Qurʼān, 1567-2808 ; v. 9
- Restrictions on Access:
- Available to subscribing member institutions only.
- Machine generated contents note: The Collection and the Codification of the Qur'an -- al-ahruf al-Sab'ah (The Seven Modes) -- Dating the Tradition of the sab'at ahruf -- Analysis of the Traditions of the sab'at ahruf -- Some Possible Clues on the Meaning of harf -- The shi'is' Views towards the Qur'an, the Variant Readings, and the sab'at ahruf -- Conclusion -- Qira'at Collections pre-Ibn Mujahid -- al-Tabari (d. 310/923) -- Ibn Mujahid and Kitab al-Sab'ah -- Qira'at as Legal Rulings (ahkam) -- Ibn Mujahid's Criteria behind the Selection of the Seven Readers -- The Selection of the Seven Readers -- Qira'at post Ibn Mujahid -- The tawatur of the Canonical Readings -- Tawatur according to the usulis -- Tawatur according to Hadith Theoreticians (al-muhaddithun) -- Tawatur between Usual al-Fiqh and Hadith -- Conclusion -- al-Dabbusi (d. 430/1038) -- Ibn Hazm (d. 456/1063) -- al-Bazdawi (d. 482/1089) and al-Sarakhsi (d. 490/1096) -- al-Ghazali (d. 505/1111) -- al Amidi (d. 631/1233) -- Ibn al-Hajib (d. 646/1248) -- al-Shawkani (d. 1250/1834) -- Summary and Observations -- al-Basmalah -- al Baqillani (d. 403/1012) -- Ibn Mas'ud's (Q. 5:89) -- Summary and Observations -- Tawatur al-Qira'at al-Sab'al-'Ashr -- Ibn al-Hajib and His Commentators: al-Subki and al-Iji -- al-Zarkashi (d. 794/1391) -- Abu Bakr b. al-Arabi (d. 543/1148) -- al-Shawkani (d. 1250/1834) -- al-Zuhayli and the Modern usulis -- Summary and Observations -- The Shi'is and the Seven/Ten Readings -- Conclusion -- Background -- Farsh and usul -- The Transmission of the Eponymous Readings -- The Immediate Transmitters of the Seven Readers -- The Authentication of the Canonical Readings and the Emergence of the Irregular shawadhdh -- Summary and Observations -- Shawadhdh through SSTs (Single Strands of Transmission) -- Summary and Conclusion -- Variant Types -- Concordances of Qur'anic and Poetic Variants -- Part 1: Qur'anic Variants -- Part 2: Poetry Variants -- Summary and Analysis -- Summary and Observations.
- 9789004241794 (electronic book)
9789004240810 (hardback : alk. paper)
9004240810 (hardback : alk. paper)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 10958986