Sharing a mediator's powers : effective advocacy in settlement / Dwight Golann; Section of Dispute Resolution, American Bar Association
- Golann, Dwight
- Chicago, Illinois : American Bar Association, 
- Physical Description:
- xii, 205 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm + 1 videodisc (DVD ; 4 3/4 in.)
- Additional Creators:
- American Bar Association. Section of Dispute Resolution
- Two examples -- A commercial mediator's strategy -- Shape the field -- Focus discussion and exchange information -- Address emotional issues -- Influence the bargaining -- Implement a cooperative or interest-based approach -- Use, or respond to, competitive tactics -- Narrow disagreements over legal issues -- Break impasse -- Initiate the process -- Educate the mediator and the parties -- Advocate in the process -- Develop an advocacy plan.
- 9781627222808 (alk. paper)
1627222804 (alk. paper)
- "Included with this book is a DVD that brings advocacy concepts alive. 24 excerpts show how to apply key techniques in the context of a commercial case"--Page 4 of cover.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 10960125