Struggling readers can succeed [electronic resource] : targeted solutions based on complex views of real kids in classrooms and communities / edited by Nina Nilsson, St. Joseph's University, Sandra E. Gandy, Governors State University
- Charlotte, North Carolina : Information Age Publishing, Inc., 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxv, 204 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Nilsson, Nina and Gandy, Sandra E.
- Bradford Holt and how money matters in learning to read / Catherine Compton-Lilly -- Changing outcomes in reading for Bryant, an African American urban learner: a case study / Doris Walker-Dalhouse and A. Derick Dalhouse -- The many faces of Dane: viewing boys as a resource in their own literacy development / William G. Brozo -- Striking a balance: implications for struggling readers' and writers' classroom immersion in the new literacies / Francine Falk-Ross -- Could Abby have dyslexia?: a long journey to confidence / Erika S.Gray and Allison Ward Parsons -- I read only dog books!: engaged reading for students on the autistic spectrum / Barbara Ann Marinak, Linda B. Gambrell, and Jacquelynn A. Malloy -- Yolanda, cultural differences as a resource for literacy learning / Christopher J. Rivera and Kimberley Kennedy Cuero -- What works for Ramon and other English language learners / Sandra E. Gandy -- Developing young children's multifaceted understandings of writing / Julie K. Kidd and M. Susan Burns -- After-school programs: literacy opportunities for Deshawn and other struggling adolescent readers / Roberta Linder -- Changing preservice teachers' deficit beliefs and attitudes toward the literacy abilities of Tamika and Susana / Nina L. Nilsson.
- 1623961823 (electronic bk.)
9781623961824 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 10961803