ACSM's resource manual for Guidelines for exercise testing and prescription / American College of Sports Medicine ; [senior editor, David P. Swain ; section editors, Clinton A. Brawner and others].
- Additional Titles:
- Resource manual for Guidelines for exercise testing and prescription
- Philadelphia : Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, ©2014.
- 7th ed.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 862 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Swain, David P. and American College of Sports Medicine
- Functional anatomy -- Biomechanics -- Exercise physiology -- Nutrition -- Lifespan effects of aging and deconditioning -- Pathophysiology and treatment of cardiovascular disease -- Pathophysiology and treatment of pulmonary disease -- Pathophysiology and treatment of metabolic disease -- Psychopathology -- Legal considerations for exercise programming -- General overview of preparticipation health screening and risk assessment -- Physical activity status and chronic diseases -- Assessment of physical activity -- Nutritional status and chronic diseases -- Assessment of nutritional status -- Psychosoical status and chronic disease -- Assessment of psychosocial status -- Body composition status and assessment -- Exercise program safety and emergency procedures -- Preparation for exercise testing -- Cardiorespiratory and health-related physical fitness assessments -- Muscular fitness and assessment -- Clinical exercise testing procedures -- Diagnostic procedures for cardiovascular disease -- Diagnostic procedures in patients with pulmonary diseases -- Diagnostic procedures in patients with metabolic disease -- Occupational and functional assessments -- Exercise assessment in special populations -- Electrocardiography -- Cardiorespiratory exercise prescription -- Musculoskeletal exercise prescription -- Adaptations to cardiorespiratory exercise training -- Adaptations to resistance training -- Group exercise programming -- Weight management -- Exercise prescription in special populations: women, pregnancy, children, and older adults -- Exercise prescription and medical considerations -- Exercise prescription for patients with cardiovascular disease -- Exercise prescription for patients with pulmonary disease -- Exercise prescription for patients with diabetes -- Exercise prescription for patients with comorbidities and other chronic diseases -- Exercise prescription for patients with osteoporosis -- Exercise prescription for patients with arthritis -- Theoretical foundations of physical activity behavior change -- Principles of behavior change: skill building to promote physical activity -- Counseling physical activity behavior change -- Methods for delivering physical activity programs -- Promoting physical activity in the community.
- "ACSM's resource manual for Guidelines for exercise testing and prescription was created as a complement to ACSM's Guidelines for exercise testing and prescription, and elaborates on all major aspects of preventative rehabilitation and fitness programs and the major position stands of the ACSM. The 7th edition provides information necessary to address the knowledge, skills, and abilities set forth in the new edition of Guidelines, and explains the science behind the exercise testing and prescription. ACSM's Resource Manual is a comprehensive resource for those working in the fitness and clinical exercise fields, as well as those in academic training"--Publisher's description.
- Companion to: ACSM's guidelines for exercise testing and prescription / American College of Sports Medicine. 9th ed. 2013.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 10967380