Hungry for change : farmers, food justice and the agrarian question / A. Haroon Akram-Lodhi
- Akram-Lodhi, A. Haroon, 1958-
- Sterling, Va : Kumarian Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 194 pages ; 23 cm
- The thin and the fat: food entitlements in the twenty-first century -- Qing Youzi understands capitalism: money, markets and the agrarian question -- Why Pervaiz Qazi went hungry: capitalism and the origins of a global food regime -- "Tierra y libertad": peasant resistence and the quest for land reform -- The father, the son and the holy ghost: make unlikely revolutionaries peasants and the green revolution -- A few grains of rice: the farm problem and the creation of food import dependence -- Adi Serevi buys some fish: supermarkets, peasants and the contraditions of the contemporary food regime -- "Red in tooth and claw": capitalist agriculture versus food sovereignty -- What is to be done?: solving the global subsistence crisis.
- 9781565496439 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1565496434 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9781552665466 (paper (canada) : alk. paper)
1552665461 (paper (canada) : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 172-185) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 10967448