Star trek. Into darkness / directed by J.J. Abrams ; written by Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman & Damon Lindelof ; produced by J.J. Abrams, Bryan Burk, Damon Lindelof, Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci ; Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions present a Bad Robot production ; a J.J. Abrams film
- Uniform Title:
- Star trek into darkness (Motion picture)
- Additional Titles:
- Into darkness
- Hollywood, Calif. : Paramount Home Entertainment, 
- Blu-Ray + DVD.
- Physical Description:
- 2 videodiscs (131 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Abrams, J. J. (Jeffrey Jacob), 1966-, Orci, Roberto, Burk, Bryan, 1968-, Kurtzman, Alex, Lindelof, Damon, 1973-, Cho, John, 1972-, Eve, Alice, 1982-, Greenwood, Bruce, 1956-, Pegg, Simon, 1970-, Pine, Chris, 1980-, Quinto, Zachary, Saldana, Zoë, 1978-, Cumberbatch, Benedict, 1976-, Urban, Karl, 1972-, Weller, Peter, 1947-, Yelchin, Anton, Mindel, Daniel, Guyett, Roger, Giacchino, Michael, Roddenberry, Gene, Paramount Pictures Corporation, Skydance Productions, Bad Robot (Firm), and Paramount Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Language Note:
- Blu-ray: English, dubbed French, dubbed Spanish or dubbed Portuguese dialogue with optional Spanish, Portuguese, French or English subtitles; English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing; English audio description.
DVD: English, dubbed French or dubbed Spanish dialogue with optional English, French, Spanish, or Portuguese subtitles; English audio description; closed captioned.
- Disc 1. Blu-Ray: feature film + special features -- Disc 2. DVD: feature film.
- When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find that an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving the world in a state of crisis. With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one-man weapon of mass destruction.
- Audience Notes:
- Rating: PG-13; for intense sequences of sci-fi action and violence.
- Blu-ray disc requires Blu-ray player.
Based upon "Star Trek" created by Gene Roddenberry.
Originally released as a motion picture in 2013.
Blu-ray special features: The enemy of my enemy; Ship to ship; the Klingon home world, and more.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Dan Mindel ; visual effects supervisor, Roger Guyett ; visual effects producer, Ron Ames ; production designer, Scott Chambliss ; edited by Mary Jo Markey, Maryann Brandon ; music by Michael Giacchino.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- John Cho, Benedict Cumberbatch, Alice Eve, Bruce Greenwood, Simon Pegg, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoë Saldana, Karl Urban, Peter Weller, Anton Yelchin.
- Technical Details:
- Blu-ray, widescreen, 1080p high definition; 7.1 Dolby TrueHD (English), 5.1 Dolby Digital (French, Portuguese or Spanish)
DVD, region 1, NTSC, widescreen; 5.1 Dolby Digital (English, French, Spanish)
- No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted.
View MARC record | catkey: 10967745