Macro federalism and local finance [electronic resource] / edited by Anwar Shah
- Washington, D.C. : World Bank, c2008.
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 338 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Shah, Anwar
- Public sector governance and accountability series
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Macro federalism: an introduction with principal reference to the Canadian experience / Thomas J. Courchene -- Globalization, the information revolution, and emerging imperatives for rethinking fiscal federalism / Anwar Shah -- Federalism and macroeconomic performance / Anwar Shah -- Regional income disparities and covergence: measurement and policy impact evolution / Raja Shankar and Anwar Shah -- Harmonizing taxation of interstate trade under a sub-national VAT: lessons from international experience / Mahesh C. Purohit -- Subnational borrowing, insolvency and regulation / Lili Liu and Michael Waibel -- A local perspective on fiscal federalism: practices, experiences, and lessons from industrial countries / Melville L. McMillan -- Decentralized governance in developing and transition countries: a comparative review / Sebastian Eckardt and Anwar Shah.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 10970726