Unclenching our fists : abusive men on the journey to nonviolence / Sara Elinoff Acker ; photography by Peter Acker
- Acker, Sara Elinoff
- Nashville : Vanderbilt University Press, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 211 pages : portraits ; 24 cm
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Working with Abusive Men -- The Men's Stories: Author's Note -- Chuck Switzer -- Emiliano Diaz de Leon -- "James L." -- "Michael" -- Robin Schauls -- Steve Jefferson -- "John" -- Ron Lenois -- Darius Richardson -- Robert Kurtz -- Dave Weir -- 2.The Road to Nonviolence -- 3.When the Man You Love Is Abusive -- 4.The Last Word: Voices of Survivors.
- "Presents collection of stories of domestic violence perpetrators who have stopped being abusive. Includes first-person stories and photographs of men who worked on themselves over years in violence intervention programs and discussion of stages of accountability and behavioral change. Includes chapter for women in abusive relationships trying to assess whether their partners are capable of making needed changes"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780826519412 (cloth edition : alkaline paper)
0826519415 (cloth edition : alkaline paper)
9780826519429 (paperback edition : alkaline paper)
0826519423 (paperback edition : alkaline paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 199-201) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 10973220