Computers and the representation of geographical data / E.E. Shiryaev ; translated from the Russian by V.M. Divid, N.N. Protsenko and Yu.U. Rajabov
- Shiri͡aev, E. E. (Evgeniĭ Evgenʹevich)
- Uniform Title:
- Kartograficheskoe otobrazhenie, preobrazovanie i analiz geoinformat͡sii. English
- Chichester ; New York : John Wiley, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 263 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- GENERAL ASPECTS OF THE THEORY OF CARTOGRAPHIC REPRESENTATION, TRANSFORMATION, AND ANALYSIS OF GEOGRAPHICAL DATA: Possibilities for improving a map as a geographical information carrier -- The essence of cartographic representation of geographical data -- The essence of cartographic generalization -- The essence of cartographic information -- Estimation of the quantity of cartographic information -- The essence of cartographic modelling -- Certain theoretical aspects of cartography -- NEW CARTOGRAPHIC METHODS FOR THE REPRESENTATION OF GEOGRAPHICAL DATA: The method of raster discretization -- The informational properties of MRD -- Representational properties of MRD rasters and their perceptibility for man and machine -- Techniques of representing discrete information -- The methods of representing continuous-discrete data -- The methods of representing continuous data -- LATENT CODING OF IMAGES ON MAPS: Analysis of luminescent properties as applied to latent coding of data on a map -- The methods of latent optical coding of images -- Comparison of paints and inks used for normalized maps -- AUTOMATIC READING OF MAPS: The methods of selective data readout by the colour characteristics of cartographic images -- Techniques of identifying the data represented by the method of raster discretization -- Automatic reading of isoline maps -- Tracing linear elements on a map -- The structure and functions of the bank of spatial-digital and cartographic data -- and AUTOMATED MAP COMPILATION: Automatic map compilation based on normalized field survey sheets and deciphered aerospace photographs -- Automatic representation and reading of discrete data on a map of populated localities -- Automatic data representation by the method of multiparametric continuous cartogram -- Automatic compilation of maps by the method of multiscale representation of areal objects -- Automatic representation of linear objects by the multiscale method (as exemplified by a river network) -- CERTAIN ASPECTS OF THE AUTOMATIC TRANSFORMATION AND INTERPRETATION OF AEROSPACE PHOTOGRAPHS AND MAPS: The use of space photographs and maps for the purposes of space navigation -- Digital correction of aerial photographs for relief distortions -- Preparation of original cartographic and aerospace materials for their automatic conversion into a digital model -- Potentialities of the integrated interpretation of remote sounding data and maps in solving reclamation and water management problems -- Some of the methods for the automatic processing of aerospace photographs -- AUTOMATION OF MEASUREMENTS AND INVESTIGATIONS ON MAPS: Automation of measurements on maps -- Methods of constructing maps and digital models in investigations of the spatial distribution of objects -- Determination of interrelations of phenomena from a set of maps -- Analyser of normalized cartographic data.
- "A Wiley-Interscience publication."
Translation of: Kartograficheskoe otobrazhenie, preobrazovanie i analiz geoinformat͡sii.
- Bibliography Note:
- Bibliography: pages -255.
View MARC record | catkey: 1103525