Merchants & scholars : essays in the history of exploration and trade / Collected in memory of James Ford Bell and edited by John Parker
- Corporate Author:
- James Ford Bell Collection
- Minneapolis : University of Minnesota Press, 
- Physical Description:
- 258 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Bell, James Ford, 1879-1961 and Parker, John, 1923-2006
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Introduction, by J. Parker.--Geography in fifteenth-century Florence, by T. Goldstein.--The discoveries and the humanists, by E. F. Hirsch.--Coromandel trade in medieval India, by B. Stein.--The Van Deutecum map of Russian and Tartary, by J. W. Webb.--Henry Hudson and the early exploration and mapping of Hudson Bay, 1610 to 1631, by E. C. Abbe and F. J. Gillis.--England and the St. Laurence, 1577-1602, by D. B. Quinn.--Caribbean sugar-production standards in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, by W. Barrett.--Slaves for the galleys of France, 1665-1700, by P. W. Bamford.--English enterprise in the region of the Strait of Magellan, by H. Wallis.--De Lozier Bouvet and mercantilist expansion in the Pacific in 1740, by O. H. K. Spate.
- "A publication from the James Ford Bell Collection".
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Action Note:
- Rebound. 20070511. Grantville, PA 17028. Wert Bookbinding, Inc. and Deacidified. 20070525. liquid. Cranberry Township, PA 16066. Preservation Technologies Inc. UP-PAT copy only
View MARC record | catkey: 1109762