Innovative methods and technologies for electronic discourse analysis / Hwee Ling Lim and Fay Sudweeks, editors
- Advances in human and social aspects of technology book series (AHSAT)
- 1. Bridging the gap: 21st century media meets theoretical pedagogical literacy practices / Divonna M. Stebick, Mary L. Paxton -- 2. Analysis of constructionist, network-based discourses: concepts, prospects and illustrations / P. Wessa, S. Poelmans, I.E. Holliday -- 3. Understanding online discourse strategies for knowledge building through social network analysis / Stefania Cucchiara, M. Beatrice Ligorio, Nobuko Fujita -- 4. Inter-animation between utterances in collaborative chat conversations / Traian Rebedea, Stefan Trausan-Matu, Costin Chiru -- 5. Using multimodal discourse analysis to identify patterns of problem solving processes in a computer-supported collaborative enviroment / Shannon Kennedy-Clark, Kate Thompson -- 6. Studying the suitability of discourse analysis methods for emotion detection and interpretation in computer-mediated educational discourse / Thanasis Daradoumis, Marta Maria Arguedas Lafuente -- 7. Social networks and creative writing in EFL / Reimal Al-Jarf -- 8. Second language learners' spoken discourse: practice and corrective feedback through automatic speech recognition / Catia Cucchiarini, Helmer Strike -- 9. Critical electronic discourse analysis: social and cultural research in the electronic age / Bob Hodge -- 10. Writing to meet your match: rhetoric and self-presentation for four online daters / Christyne Berzsenyi -- 11. Engaging in scientific controversies in science blogs: the expression of allegiance and ideological commitment / Maria-José Luzón -- 12. Interactive advertising: displays of identity and stance on YouTube / Patricia Mayes -- 13. Statistical discourse analysis: testing educational hypotheses with large datasets of electronic discourse / Ming Ming Chiu, Gaowei Chen -- 14. Analyzing blending social and mass media audiences through the lens of computer-mediated discourse / Asta Zelenkauskaite -- 15. Reflections of professional practice: using electronic discourse analysis networks (EDANs) to examine embedded business emails / Juilo Gimenez -- 16. Computer-aided deductive critical discourse analysis of a case study from Mauritius with ATLAS-ti 6.2 / Komalsingh Rambaree -- 17. Conservation analysis and electronic interactions: methodological, analytic and technical considerations / Joanne Meredith, Jonathan Potter -- 18. Positioning goes to work: computer-aided identification of stance shifts and semantic themes in electronic discourse analysis / Boyd Davis, Peyton Mason -- 19. Textuality on the Web: a focus on argumentative text types / Chiara Degano -- 20. Learning on the move in the Web 2.0: new initiatives in M-learning / Carlos Baladrón, Javier M Aguiar, Lorena Calavia, Belén Carro, Antono Sánchez-Esguevillas.
- "This book highlights research, applications, frameworks, and theories of online communication to explore recent advances in the manipulation and shaping of meaning in electronic discourse"--Provided by publisher.
- 9781466644267 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 459-508) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11145091