Annual Workshop on Formal Approaches to Slavic Linguistics : the third Indiana meeting, 2012 / edited by Steven Franks, Markus Dickinson, George Fowler, Melissa Witcombe, Ksenia Zanon
- Conference Author:
- Annual Workshop on Formal Approaches to Slavic Linguistics (21st : 2012 : Bloomington, Ind.)
- Additional Titles:
- Formal approaches to Slavic linguistics
Third Indiana Meeting, 2012
FASL 21, 2012
- Ann Arbor : Michigan Slavic Publications, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 450 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Franks, Steven
- Michigan Slavic materials ; no. 59
- Machine generated contents note: Adjectival Escapades / [Ž]eljko Bo[š]kovic -- OC and NOC Readings in Gerundive Complements in Polish: A Puzzle for Movement-based Control? / Piotr Ceglowski -- Case Marking and Referentiality in Russian Negation Construction / Jacee Cho -- On Degree Questions, Scope of Negation, and the Lack of Weak Islands in Czech / Mojmir Docekal / Ivona Kucerová -- XML Markup of the Novgorod Birchbark Letter Corpus: Etymology, Morphology, and Sociolinguistic / Andrew Dombrowski / Rafael Abramovitz / Anton Melnikov / Quinn Dombrowski -- Perfective Implicatives in Russian / Alexandra Galambos -- More than One Comparative in More than One Slavic Language: An Experimental Investigation / Tania Ionin / Ora Matushanski -- Internal Structure of Polish Nasal / Artur Kyak -- Not-so-across-the-board Movement in Macedonian / Bradley Larson -- Asymmetries of Subject Extraction from Russian Infinitival Clauses / Inna Livitz -- Attributive Modification of Possessive Adjectives in Slovak: A Distributed Morphology Account / Martin Macak -- Attraction Errors in Gender Agreement: Evidence from Russian / Anton Malko / Natalia Slioussar -- A Note on Sluicing and Island Repair / Franc Maru[š]ic / Rok [Ž]aucer -- Case, Tense and Clausal Arguments in Polish / Katarzyna Miechowicz-Mathiasen -- The Role of Gender in the rise of Numerals as a Separate Category / Katarzyna Miechowicz-Mathiasen / Dziubala-Szrejbrowska -- Are Multiple DPs in a Single Phrase Always Distinct in Slovenian? / Petra Mi[š]ma[š] -- The Case for Wholesale Late Merger / Liudmila Nikolaeva -- Rigid Syntax, Rigid Sense / Ljiljana Progovac -- Single Clitics and Clitic Doubling in Bulgarian: Perspectives from Child Grammar / Teodora Radeva-Bork -- A New Look at Clitics: Evidence from Slavic / Jelena Runic -- Genitive Noun Complements in Serbo-Croatian: Extraction and Case / Eric Schoorlemmer -- The Slavic Dual: Morphosyntactic Feature Economy as a Factor in Language Change / Tatyana Slobodchikoff -- Genitive of Quantification, Ellipsis, and the Structure of Inherently Case-Marked Phrases / Sandra Stjepanovic -- Object Relatives can Ease Processing Load: Evidence from Serbian / Danijela Stojanovic / Helen Goodluck / Darinka Andjelkovic / Maja Savic -- Quantifier Scope and Scrambling in Russian: An Experimental Study / Anastasia Stoops / Tania Ionin -- Phases and the Structure of NP: A Comparative Study of Japanese and Serbo-Croatian / Masahiko Takahashi -- On the Distribution of Perfective Aspect in Serbian / Neda Todorovic -- The Particle to in Colloquial Slovenian: An Alternative Analysis / Emily Wilson -- Jot Reflexes in Croatian: An Optimality Theoretical Approach / Melissa Witcombe -- How to Reconcile Subject Control across an Object with the Minimal Link Condition: A View from Polish / Jacek Witkos.
- 9780936534084 (alk. paper)
0936534087 (alk. paper)
- The present volume represents a selection of papers presented at the twenty-first annual meeting of Formal Approaches to Slavic Linguistics, which took place 10-13 May 2012 at Indiana University, Bloomington. We are proud to be able to call this volume The Third Indiana Meeting, the first having taken place in 1996 and the second in 2000. FASL 21 was sponsored by the following units at Indiana University: the Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures, the Department of Linguistics, the Russian and East European Institute, and the College Arts and Humanities Institute.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11145263