The polyamorists next door : inside multiple-partner relationships and families / Elisabeth Sheff
- Sheff, Elisabeth, 1969-
- Lanham, Maryland : Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc., 
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 325 pages ; 24 cm
- What is polyamory? -- Who does polyamory, and why? -- Polyamorous communities in the United States -- Issues facing poly relationships -- Children in poly families -- Adults in poly families -- Benefits of polyamorous family life -- Difficulties in polyamorous families -- Overcoming obstacles -- Implications for serial monogamy and policies.
- "The Polyamorists Next Door introduces polyamorous families, in which people are free to pursue emotional, romantic, and sexual relationships with multiple people at the same time, openly and with support from their partners, sometimes forming multi-partner relationships, or other arrangements that allow for emotional and sexual freedom within the family system. In colorful and moving details, this book explores how polyamorous relationships come to be, grow and change, manage the ins and outs of daily family life, and cope with the challenges they face both within their families and from society at large. Using polyamorists own words, Dr. Elisabeth Sheff examines polyamorous households and reveals their advantages, disadvantages, and the daily lives of those living in them." -- Publisher's description.
- 9781442222953 (cloth : alk. paper) and 1442222956 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11145522