Frontline. The medicated child [videorecording] / a Frontline co-production with RainMedia, Inc
- Uniform Title:
- Frontline (Television program) Medicated child
- Additional Titles:
- Medicated child
- [Alexandria, Va.] : Distributed by PBS Home Video, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (approximately 60 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Gaviria, Marcela, Wright, Daisy, Lyman, Will, Rain Media, Inc, WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.), and WGBH Educational Foundation
- Language Note:
- 1. What is going on? -- 2. DJ's story -- 3. The debate and confusion over diagnosing bipolar -- 4. Jessica's story -- 5. The lack of data: what works? What's safe? -- 6. The medication dilemma -- 7. Solutions to the lack of knowledge -- 8. Updates on the stories.
- In recent years, there's been a dramatic increase in the number of children being diagnosed with serious psychiatric disorders and prescribed medications that are just beginning to be tested in children. The drugs can cause serious side effects, and virtually nothing is known about their long-term impact. "It's really to some extent an experiment, trying medications in these children of this age," child psychiatrist Dr. Patrick Bacon tells FRONTLINE. "It's a gamble. And I tell parents there's no way to know what's going to work."
- Related Titles:
- Frontline (Television program)
- Originally broadcast as a segment of the television program Frontline on January 8, 2008.
Special feature: Discussion guide.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Written, produced and directed by Marcela Gaviria ; edited by Daisy Wright.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrator, Will Lyman.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, widescreen presentation, stereo.
- No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted.
View MARC record | catkey: 11160254