Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease [electronic resource] : management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in adults in primary and secondary care : update guideline / National Clinical Guideline Centre
- Additional Titles:
- COPD (update)
- London : National Clinical Guideline Centre-Acute and Chronic Conditions at the Royal College of Physicians, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (PDF file (673 p.)) : ill
- Additional Creators:
- National Clinical Guideline Centre for Acute and Chronic Conditions (Great Britain)
Royal College of Physicians of London
- NICE clinical guidelines ; no. 101
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- This guideline offers best practice advice on the identification and care of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It aims to define the symptoms, signs and investigations required to establish a diagnosis of COPD. It also aims to define the factors that are necessary to assess its severity, provide prognostic information and guide best management. It gives guidance on the pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment of patients with stable COPD, and on the management of exacerbations. The interface with surgery and intensive therapy units (ITU) are also discussed.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 11161639