Just queer folks : gender and sexuality in rural America / Colin R. Johnson
- Johnson, Colin R., 1974-
- Philadelphia : Temple University Press, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 247 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Sexuality studies
- Introduction -- Life science: the agrarian origins of American sexuality -- Town and country: country life and the nationalization of middle-class morality -- Casual sex: homosociality, homosexuality, and the intinerant working poor -- Community standards: village mentality and the queer eccentric -- Camp life: the queer history of "manhood" in the Civilian Conservation Corps -- Hard women: rural women and female masculinity -- Conclusion: Mansfield, Ohio.
- 9781439909973 (cloth : alk. paper), 1439909970 (cloth : alk. paper), 9781439909980 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 1439909989 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11164357