Strange natures : futurity, empathy, and the queer ecological imagination / Nicole Seymour
- Seymour, Nicole
- Urbana : University of Illinois Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 219 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Introduction : locating queer ecologies -- Post-transsexual pastoral : environmental ethics in the contemporary transgender novel -- "It's just not turning up" : AIDS, cinematic vision, and environmental justice in Todd Haynes's Safe -- "Ranch stiffs" and "beach cowboys" in the shrinking public sphere : sexual domestication in Brokeback mountain and Surf party -- Attack of the queer atomic mutants : the ironic environmentalism of Shelley Jackson's Half life -- Conclusion : the futures of queer ecology.
- Investigates the ways in which contemporary queer fictions offer insight on environmental issues through their performance of a specifically queer understanding of nature, the nonhuman, and environmental degradation.
- 9780252037627 (cloth : alk. paper), 0252037626 (cloth : alk. paper), 9780252079160 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 0252079167 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -210) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11164360