A stanzaic life of Christ compiled from Higden's Polychronicon and the Legenda aurea / ed. from ms. Harley 3909 by Frances A. Foster ...
- Uniform Title:
- Life of Christ (Middle English poem)
- London : Pub. for the Early English text society by H. Milford, Oxford university press, 1926.
- Physical Description:
- xliii, 456 pages : frontispiece (facsimiles) ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Jacobus, de Voragine, approximately 1229-1298
Higden, Ranulf, -1364
Foster, Frances A. (Frances Allen), 1887-
British Museum. Mss. (Harleian 3909)
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Early English text society. Original series. no. 166. 1926 (for 1924)
- "A compilation made at Chester in the fourteenth century from two famous Latin works ... The result looks like a translation of the Legenda aurea with insertions from the Polychronicon"--p. [ix], xvii.
Missing parts supplied from Addit. ms. 38666, and Harl. 2250.
View MARC record | catkey: 1122502