Colonization and trade in the New World / produced by the Cartographic Division, National Geographic Society ; William T. Peele, chief cartographer ; Richard K. Rogers, assistant chief cartographer ; design by John F. Dorr ; calligraphy and art by Charles L. Stern ; compilation by Thomas A. Walsh ; text by John L. Eliot ; research by Lesley B. Rogers ; principal consultant, Mendel Peterson
- Corporate Author:
- National Geographic Society (U.S.). Cartographic Division
- Washington : National Geographic Society, 1977.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : color ; 56 x 74 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Peele, William T., Rogers, Richard K., Dorr, John F., and Moll, Herman, -1732
- Map outlining key events in the history of the colonial period of North America, highlighting trade and competition among the European colonial powers.
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale [ca. 1:10,200,000] (W 168°22ʹ00ʺ--W 11°13ʹ00ʺ/N 83°41ʹ00ʺ--N 5°06ʹ00ʺ).
- Relief shown pictorially., "This map is a composite based on charts designed about 1720 by cartographer Herman Moll ...", "Supplement to National Geographic, December 1977, page 724A, vol. 152, no. 6.", Includes text, historic notes, and col. ill., Text "History salvaged from the sea" and indexed col. ill. on verso., and Description based on surrogate.
View MARC record | catkey: 1123327