The making of America. The Southwest/ produced by the Cartographic Division, National Geographic Society ; John B. Garver, Jr., Chief Cartographer ; John F. Shupe, Associate Chief ; chief editorial consultant, D.W. Meinig ; principal regional consultant, Richard L. Nostrand
- Corporate Author:
- National Geographic Society (U.S.). Cartographic Division
- Additional Titles:
- Title at upper left: Southwest
- Washington, D.C. : The Society, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : color, plastic coated ; 52 x 69 cm, folded to 13 x 18 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Shupe, John F.
Meinig, D. W. (Donald William), 1924-
Nostrand, Richard L. (Richard Lee), 1939-
Garver, John B., Jr.
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale 1:2,167,000. 1 cm = 21.7 km 1 in. = 34.2 miles ; Albers conical equal-area projection, standard parallels 29°30ʹ and 45°30ʹ (W 117°--W 102°/N 38°--N 28°).
- "November 1982".
Title at upper left: The Southwest.
"Design: John F. Dorr, Bob E. Pratt ; research: Gail C. Foley, Lesley B. Rogers".
Also issued without plastic coating as a supplement to the National Geographic.
Includes historical notes and list of abbreviations and "Geographical equivalents".
Text, 3 maps showing "Early Indian occupancy," 6 maps showing "The Southwest: from viceroyalty to statehood," and inset "Explorers-conquerors" on verso.
On verso: 1. Indian lands 1600s -- 2. Spanish conquest, 1540-1820 -- 3. Anglo-American entry and occupancy, 1820-1900.
Publisher's no.: 02001.
Relief shown by shading and spot heights.
Description based on surrogate.
View MARC record | catkey: 1123382