Essays in honour of Gilbert Murray / [by] the Rt. Hon. H.A.L. Fisher, Señor S.A. de Madariaga, Lt.-Col. Charles Archer [and others].
- London : G. Allen & Unwin ltd., 
- Physical Description:
- 4 preliminary leaves, 11-308 pages, 1 leaf ; 22 1/2 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Thomson, J. A. K. (James Alexander Kerr), 1879-1959 and Toynbee, Arnold, 1889-1975
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Pignus amicitiae, by the Rt. Hon. H.A.L. Fisher.--G.M.--W.A., 1895-1924, by Lt. Col. Charles Archer.--Gilbert Murray and Somerville, by Margery Fry.--Professor Murray and the amateur player, by John Masefield.--Gilbert Murray and some actors, by Dame Sybil Thorndike.--The League of nations union and Gilbert Murray, by Lord Cecil.--Gladstone and the League of nations mind, by J.L. Hammond.--The battle for open spaces, by Barbara Hammond.--Man and leviathan, by Señor S.A. de Madariaga.--The machinery of indirect rule in Papua, by Sir Hubert Murray.--Post-war economic reconstruction: the story of a project, by Alfred Zimmern.--Rhetoric in the ancient world, by E.R. Bevan.--The invention of space, by F.M. Cornford.--On translating Greek tragedy, by Harley Granville-Barker.--Some problems in the "Acta Judae Thomate", by D.S. Margoliouth.--The evidence for telepathy, by Mrs. W.H. Salter.--The present and future of classical scholarship, by J.A.K. Thomson.--The Greek door to the study of history, by A.J. Toynbee.
- Editors' preface signed: J.A.K.T. [i.e. J.A.K. Thomson], A.J.T. [i.e. A.J. Toynbee].
View MARC record | catkey: 1123954