A .38 special and a broken heart : short-short stories / by Jonis Agee
- Agee, Jonis
- Additional Titles:
- Thirty-eight special and a broken heart
- Minneapolis : Coffee House Press, 
St. Paul, MN : Distributor, Consortium Books Sales & Distribution.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 131 pages ; 20 cm.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Coffee-to-go short-short stories series
- My mother's hands -- There has to be a beginning -- Size -- Politics -- His -- Living in waste places -- The family of death -- My last try -- In the town of Laura -- The gun -- The Jesus barber shop -- Invisible -- Gardening -- What's it like in there, they'll ask -- The change jar -- An arrangement with gravity -- Kenya -- What it means -- Cata: Something early -- Inheritance -- The first hunger -- On the road -- Cata's alphabet -- From the Texaco station behind my house -- Dead space -- The specific dreams of our republic -- Walking the dog -- Why blame the women? -- Doors -- The cruel gift of time -- Listen -- Asparagus -- Mustard.
- Twenty-nine stories whose protagonists are mainly women. In Invisible, a maid in a motel plots revenge on a travelling salesman who jilted her, while the heroine of Size braves public opprobrium to romance a dwarf. By the author of Strange Angels.
View MARC record | catkey: 11332337