Knock 'em dead : the ultimate job search guide, 2014 / Martin Yate
- Yate, Martin John
- Additional Titles:
- Knock 'em dead, 2014 : the ultimate job search guide and Ultimate job search guide, 2014
- Avon, Mass. : Adams Media, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 384 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- pt. 1. The well-stocked briefcase -- The realities of a job search ; The transferable skills and professional values that guarantee a successful job search and career ; How to build a killer resume; How to build a professional brand ; Networking and the successful job search ; Network-integrated job search tactics -- pt. 2. Get the word out -- Making contact ; Ace the telephone interview ; Dress for job interview success ; Body language ; The curtain rises on the job interview -- pt. 3. Great answers to tough interview questions -- The five secrets of the hire ; Why interviewers do the things they do ; How to Knock 'em dead: great answers to tough interview questions ; Questions of manageability and team spirit ; How to handle stress and illegal questions ; Welcome to the real world ; Strange venues for job interviews ; How to ace the psychological tests ; The graceful exit -- pt. 4. Finishing touches -- Out of sight can mean out of mind ; Negotiating the job offer ; Snatching victory from the jaws of defeat ; Multiple job interviews, multiple job offers. pt. 5. Where the jobs are -- Thirty fast-growing occupations.
- The author helps you build a killer resume, maximize your social networks to find more job opportunities, and understand what employers are really looking for in the people they hire. He will also show you how to turn job interviews into job offers with advice on how to stand out from the competition. --Publisher description.
- 9781440562198 (pbk.)
- "The Social Media-Integrated Job Search. Plus how to turn job interviews into job offers."--Cover.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11332346