Anthropology of race : genes, biology, and culture / edited by John Hartigan
- Santa Fe : School for Advanced Research Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 246 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Hartigan, John, Jr., 1964-
- School for Advanced Research advanced seminar series
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Knowing Race / John Hartigan -- 2.Race, Biology, and Culture: Rethinking the Connections / Clarence C. Gravlee -- 3.Toppling Typologies: Developmental Plasticity and the Environmental Origins of Human Biological Variation / Zaneta M. Thayer -- 4.Toward a Cybernetics of Race: Determinism and Plasticity in Ideological and Biological Systems / Ron Eglash -- 5.Observations on the Tenacity of Racial Concepts in Genetics Research / Nicole Truesdell -- 6.Genomics Research and Race: Refining Claims about Essentialism / Pamela L. Sankar -- 7.Looking for Race in the Mexican "Book of Life": INMEGEN and the Mexican Genome Project / John Hartigan -- 8.The Political Economy of Personalized Medicine, Health Disparities, and Race / Sandra Soo-Jin Lee -- 9.The Aimless Genome / Jeffrey C. Long -- 10.Conclusion: Anthropology of Race / John Hartigan.
- 9781934691991 (alk. paper)
1934691992 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11332366