Social networks : from text to video / Susan B. Barnes
- Barnes, Susan B.
- New York : Peter Lang, 
- Physical Description:
- x, 244 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Digital formations, 1526-3169 ; vol. 82
- Communicating through the internet -- Social networking -- Online presentation and personal branding -- Social norms -- Misbehavior online -- Internet relationships -- Virtual communities -- The interface is the marketplace -- User-generated content and remix culture -- Relationships and social capital -- Social issues and social networks -- Social network generation.
- Technological changes have radically altered the ways in which people use visual images. This book describes the theoretical and historical background of computer-mediated communication alongside the cultural changes occurring with the introduction of digital media in society. -- Publisher description
- 9781433116551 (hardcover : alk. paper)
1433116553 (hardcover : alk. paper)
9781433121746 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1433121743 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 215-234) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11332368