Focus on science [electronic resource].
- [England] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (14 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Big Heart Media
- Education in video and Aim higher ; 3
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- A look at what goes on at a Science Fair organised by Aimhigher, the national DFES campaign which aims to get more young people to aspire to go on to higher education - especially those from families with no tradition of higher education. Three hundred Year 10s are attending the event at Barnsley College in South Yorkshire and lecturers from universities all over the region have gathered to hold workshops. Sheffield Hallam University introduces the students to a murder mystery style game in which a suspiciously stained T-shirt is analysed, while the University of Huddersfield teaches the children about the differences between beauty products, and lets them make one of their own. The idea of the fair is to encourage the students to consider studying science at university, but what is its real impact?
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012). and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11333564