Helping children stay healthy and fit [electronic resource].
- Additional Titles:
- Helping children stay mentally strong
- [England] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (26 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Wised Up
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- Woodham Community Technology College in Co Durham and Hexthorpe Primary School in Doncaster have created innovative health and fitness programmes for their pupils. Sir Al Aynslie-Green meets with the teaching staff responsible and sees some of their plans of action.
In an age of school tests and fierce competition, Sir Al Aynsley-Green, the Children's Commissioner for England, seeks schools with strategies to foster mental resilience among their pupils. He visits Kings Langley School in Hertfordshire to talk to the head teacher and members of staff about how they help their students to cope with pressure. He explores the work of King's Langley School and The Wroxham Primary School both in Hertfordshire to learn how they help their students cope with pressure.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11333668