Getting the priorities right [electronic resource].
- [England] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (16 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Evans Woolfe (Firm)
- Education in video
Continuing professional development - primary
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- Primary headteacher Frances Bussy discusses her experience of CPD with a group of senior professionals. They agree that an open collaborative environment which encourages professional dialogue is key but staff have to feel comfortable and be willing to participate. Involving all the staff and getting them to think outside the bubble makes a huge difference and is also critical for retaining teachers. This is a particular challenge for small schools where staff might feel their careers are limited. Frances is stunned by the perceptive comments made by Year 6 children at their exit interviews and stresses the benefits of listening to children across the school. Giving staff options within the School Improvement Plan has also been successful. Individual choice gives ownership and encourages professional responsibility. The experts conclude that good professional development can take many forms.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11333684