Middle leaders - managing challenging situations with staff [electronic resource] : Audio clip
- [England] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (1 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Evans Woolfe (Firm)
- Education in video
CPD package ; 1
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- The package presents practical examples of situations where middle leaders are required to effect change whilst keeping on board potentially challenging staff. The examples include behaviour consultant John Bayley's work with a young middle leader who is line managing a teacher over 20 years her senior. The delicate and controversial area of emotional intelligence, and how important it is for middle leaders to be sensitive to other people's feelings is explored. There is an interactive element containing an innovative role pay scenario where a middle leader is managing a senior primary teacher who is unwilling to switch from teaching a top set to a bottom set.Throughout the e-learning module, middle leaders and education consultants give their perspective on these issues.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11333694