Combating cyberbullying [electronic resource].
- [England] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (14 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Maverick Television (Television network)
- Education in video
Great lesson ideas ; 1
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- Cyberbullying is increasingly recognised as one of the most pernicious threats to primary and secondary pupils and their teachers. This programme features some great lesson ideas designed to highlight the impact of cyberbullying on children and demonstrate how they can easily become cyberbullies, whether they mean to or not. At Bradon Forest School in Swindon, a PSHE lesson is used to stage a courtroom drama with the accused charged with posting a picture without consent. The school also shows how the issues are being raised across the curriculum by creating storyboards in ICT and role plays in drama.At neighbouring St Mary's C of E Primary, children are asked to come up with mini dramas while another class creates a cyber charter which lists all their rights and responsibilities when using new technologies.There is also advice on where teachers, parents and pupils can find help in preventing and dealing with cyberbullying from Childnet Education Manager, Ellen Ferguson.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11333787