Homework high [electronic resource].
- [England] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (4 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Brook Lapping Productions
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- Six years ago homework was completed by less than 20% of the students at Carwarden House, and Ofsted had highlighted it as an area for concern. Carwarden House is a Special School with pupils aged from 8 to 19, all with learning difficulties. They needed an approach where the students wouldn't feel they were doing homework at all, and one tailored to differing needs. The maths games they developed seem to have done the trick, with over 80% of students now doing homework. The games have been designed to meet the objectives of the National Numeracy Strategy, with enough of them so that each student can have a different game for every week of the school year.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11333803